GREENVILLE, N.C. (WITN) – On our fourth Home for the Holidays segment, Dave Jordan shows us how to make a special recipe from a family friend.
To make Dave’s Five Layer Cookies, you’ll need:
- 1/2 stick of margarine
- 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs
- 1 package of shredded coconut
- 1 six-ounce package of butterscotch morsels
- 1 six-ounce package of chocolate chips
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup of nuts
Melt the margarine in a 9/13-inch pan. Layer the ingredients in order. You don’t want to mix anything. Bake for 30 minutes at 325 degrees. Cut into squares when cool and enjoy. You may want to pop the pan in the refrigerator for a minute or two after cooling to help firm up a bit before cutting.
Give this recipe a try and let us know what you think!
Be sure to join us Friday on WITN News at 5:00 p.m. as Courtney Bunting shares a recipe for Thumbprint Cookies.