PAMLICO COUNTY, N.C. (WITN) – Many residents in Pamlico County that are under a boil water advisory can pick up bottled water Monday.
Pamlico County Manager Tim Buck says anyone impacted can pick up water from 2- 6 p.m. at the Pamlico County Public Services Office (old Bayboro Town Hall) at 208 North Street in Bayboro. The water is on a first come first serve basis while supplies last.
Buck says some areas are experiencing low pressure or outages due to a malfunction at the water plant.
The affected areas include:
- NC HWY 55 from Cooper Road in Alliance going East to Trent Road including all adjacent roads
- Millpond Road
- Highway 304 to the intersection of HWY 307 and including all adjacent roads
- Florence Road and all adjacent roads
- Whortonsville Road and all adjacent roads
- Browns Creek Road
- Straight Road from Browns Creek Road to Trent Road and all adjacent roads
- Trent Road
Pamlico County High School and the Pamlico County Health Department are in the affected areas, as well.
Water department staff says it may take time to fill the water towers back to full capacity. When it’s restored, customers should boil water for one minute before using it.
For more information on the advisory, click here or call (252) 745-5453.
Copyright 2021 WITN. All rights reserved.