GOLDSBORO, N.C. (WITN) – A Goldsboro man was arrested Tuesday after police say he jumped from a story window and then resisted arrest.
According to Goldsboro Police, they were called to an apartment in the 900 block of West Oak Street around 9 p.m. The caller said that 22-year-old Taheim Leach had stolen their cell phone and that he might have a gun.
When police arrived and knocked on the door, they say that Leach jumped from the window of the second-floor apartment and tried to run away.
When one police officer caught up to Leach they say that he put up a fight, but was arrested once more officers got to them.
Leach was charged with assault on a government official and resisting a public officer.
When he arrived at the Wayne County Jail, Leach was also charged with several outstanding arrest warrants including:
- Misdemeanor interfering with an electronic monitoring device
- Misdemeanor assault by pointing a gun
- Felony breaking and entering to terrorize or injure
- Two counts of felony robbery with a dangerous weapon
- Felony conspiracy to commit robbery with a dangerous weapon
- Felony possession of a stolen firearm
- Felony false bomb threat to a public building
Leach was given a total secured bond of $254,000 for the outstanding warrants and was held under no bond for the new charges on Tuesday.