BELL ARTHUR, N.C. (WITN) – The fire marshal said a father, mother, and their four-year-old son died in that house fire this past weekend in Pitt County.
Fire Marshal Jay Morris identified the three as 36-year-old Joshua Eastwood, 31-year-old Elizabeth Eastwood, and their son, Jayce.
Morris said the fire on Nichols Road on Sunday morning was likely the result of an electrical overload.
He told WITN Monday that the fire’s cause was narrowed down to overloaded extension cords but because there were so many running through the home it would be difficult to determine which caused the blaze.
Morris said that there was a space heater in use.
Copyright 2022 WITN. All rights reserved.