Morehead City bank evacuated after gas leak

MOREHEAD CITY, N.C. (WITN) – A propane gas leak has shut down an Eastern Carolina bank branch this afternoon.

Morehead City Fire-EMS were called to the First Citizens Bank on 35th Street just after 1:30 p.m.

Dean’s Gas, which services the building, was at the bank when fire trucks arrived.

The town says the bank was evacuated and the parking lot was shut off as a precaution.

Dean’s has begun burning off the remaining propane in the underground tank and it is expected that this will take several hours.

Facebook