Manns Harbor furniture warehouse destroyed in fire

MANNS HARBOR, N.C. (WITN) – The president of a furniture company says their warehouse in Dare County was destroyed in a fire Tuesday.

Ken Daniels, President at Manteo Furniture and Appliance, says in a post on Facebook that their warehouse in Manns Harbor off of U.S. Highway 64, went up in flames.

Daniels says there were no injuries to employees, neighbors or firefighters.

He says the warehouse stored upholstery and casegoods. Appliances and bedding are kept in another warehouse.

He does say they will be open for business as usual Wednesday and will restock furniture ASAP.

In addition to Dare County, crews from Currituck and Tyrrell Counties responded.

There’s no word at this time on what sparked the fire.

Facebook