GOLDSBORO, N.C. (WITN) – A home in Goldsboro was extensively damaged in a Monday morning fire.
Firefighters said that flames were going through the roof at the home at South Virginia Street and West Spruce Street when they first arrived around 9:45 a.m.
According to firefighters, one fire engine was in the area while returning from another call and was there within a minute of being dispatched. Firefighters say that quick action limited the amount of damage to the home.
The fire department said everyone got out of the home okay and 23 firefighters brought the blaze under control in about 30 minutes.
Three people were displaced by the accidental fire which started because of an electrical problem.
One firefighter had minor injuries from falling debris, according to the fire department.