Greenville man admits to sexual assaults involving TV news anchor, ECU student

GREENVILLE, N.C. (WITN) – A man will spend at least five years in state prison for two different sexual assaults in Greenville that involved an ECU student and a former television news anchor.

George Milanez pleaded guilty before a Pitt County judge this morning to second-degree forcible sex offense and sexual battery.

In addition to serving between five and eleven years in prison, the 39-year-old Milanez will have to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life and be on satellite-based monitoring for ten years after his release from prison.

The Pitt County District Attorney’s Office says the ECU student was sexually assaulted after leaving a downtown bar on December 2, 2022. They say downtown cameras helped police identify Milanez as a regular at many local bars.

Prosecutors say there had been other similar reports, but the student was the first to come forward and willing to help prosecute the man.

The other sexual assault involved a former news anchor at WNCT-TV. A news release says Caitlin Richards was assaulted on June 13, 2023, in a parking lot. Prosecutors say that happened while Milanez was out on bond for the other charge.

WITN-TV does not normally identify the victims of sex crimes, but the District Attorney’s Office says Richards consented to releasing her name to the media.

The D.A.’s office believes there are other victims sexually assaulted by Milanez and urges them to contact the Greenville Police Department or dial 911.

Facebook