Fire damages bathroom of Martin County home

MARTIN COUNTY, N.C. (WITN) – A home in Martin County was damaged by a small fire in the home’s bathroom.

According to firefighters with Williamston Fire-Rescue-EMS, they were sent to a home in the 200 block of Santree Drive near Williamston Wednesday night.

When firefighters arrived at the home, they said they saw light smoke and found a small fire inside a bathroom.

Firefighters say they were able to put the fire out quickly, as well as help remove smoke from the home.

According to firefighters, everyone who had been in the home was outside when they arrived, and there were no injuries reported.

The American Red Cross is assisting the people who live in the home.

Facebook