Fire believed accidental that destroyed Pitt County home, fire marshal says

PITT COUNTY, N.C. (WITN) – Officials say a fire that destroyed a home in one Eastern Carolina county was accidental.

The fire broke out Saturday night on Doolittle Court near Ayden.

Several crews battled the flames until it was extinguished around midnight.

Pitt County Fire Marshal Jay Morris says the fire appears to be accidental.

Morris said the State Bureau of Investigation assisted in the investigation.

There were no injuries in the fire. Two adults and their children lived there.

A garage was also destroyed by the fire.