Faulty electrical outlet blamed for Greene County house fire

AYDEN, N.C. (WITN) – A faulty electrical outlet is responsible for a fire that destroyed a mobile home in Greene County, according to Scuffleton Fire Chief Robert Daugherty.

Daugherty says one person lived in the home. He says she had just left with her boyfriend to travel to the State Fair in Raleigh when they were notified about the fire at the residence by neighbors shortly after 1:00 p.m.

Multiple fire departments from two counties were called to the fire on Deborah Drive.

The roof caved in on the single-wide mobile home and flames were seen burning through the top of the structure.

No one was injured while the home was destroyed by the fire.

Daugherty says the renter did not have insurance and the Red Cross is currently assisting her.

Do you see something needing a correction? Email us!

Facebook