GREENVILLE, N.C. (WITN) – The holiday season is in full swing and many towns and cities are gathering for Christmas parades this weekend.
Eastern North Carolina communities are hosting parades and festivities for residents throughout December, and here are a few.
This evening, the Atlantic Beach Light Up the Night Christmas Parade will start at 6 p.m. The town says after the parade, kids can meet Santa at the Atlantic Beach Fire Department for cookies, hot chocolate, and the Croatan Marching Band.
Parades happening on Saturday, December 2nd:
- The City of Greenville is hosting The Greenville Jaycees Christmas Parade. The city says the parade will embark at 5 p.m. and pass through the Uptown District in hopes of holiday fun as it has for over 75 years.
- In Windsor, the 55th annual Windsor Santa Claus Parade presented by the Downtown Windsor Business Improvement Area kicks off at 6 p.m. on Ouellette Avenue from Wyandotte to Riverside, and Riverside West to Caron Avenue.
- The City of Washington in Beaufort County is hosting its parade at 10 a.m. on Main Street along with a Christmas Market from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The City of New Bern has its parade slated for 10 a.m. Officials say the parade route is along George Street, Broad Street, and Craven Street.
- Downtown Kinston Revitalization is hosting Kinston’s Christmas Parade at 4:30 p.m.
The town of Williamston is having its parade December 7th at 4 p.m.
In Plymouth, organizers say the parade starts at 5:30 p.m. on December 7th. Along with the parade, a Christmas Market is happening from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Bear Town Market on Washington Street.
On December 9th at 11 a.m., The town of Morehead City says its parade will run along Arendell Street, eastbound, from 17th to 6th streets.
The Onslow County Parks & Recreation is hosting its annual Tree Lighting and Holiday Drone Light Show on Sunday, December 10th at the Onslow Pines Park from 2 to 6 p.m. Officials say the “Lights Over Onslow” show planned at 5 p.m. includes over 100 synchronized drones flying 400 feet in the air moving through various choreographed formations.