MANTEO, N.C. (WITN) – All of the state-operated ferries here in Eastern Carolina are shut down.
High winds and rough seas from the coastal storm have canceled ferry operations.
- Hatteras-Ocracoke ferry
- Cherry Branch-Minnesott Beach ferry
- Cedar Island-Ocracoke ferry
- Swan Quarter-Ocracoke ferry
- Bayview-Aurora ferry (mechanical issues)
- Currituck-Knotts Island ferry
The ferry division says routes will resume when weather conditions improve and it is safe for them to operate.
Copyright 2022 WITN. All rights reserved.