CLAREMONT, N.C. (WBTV) – One person is dead and two others are seriously injured in Catawba County, according multiple sources.
Officials say there was damage to multiple homes.
The report of the tree falling happened in the 2900 block of Evening Drive.
The North Carolina Department of Public Safety has mobilized Task Force 3 out Charlotte to Claremont. Task Force 3 has the capabilities of breaching and breaking heavy concrete in addition to wood frame structures.
Type III taskforces can provide the following:
- Up to 40 personnel
- Two Type III Taskforces can combine to become a Type I Taskforce
- Completely self-sufficient for 72 hours
- Designed to maintain 12 hour a day operations
- Can respond with smaller response packages based on incident requirements
- Capabilities include heavy concrete breaching and breaking, in addition to wood frame structural responses
We will provide updates once we get more information.
Watch continuing coverage: