CLAREMONT, N.C. (WBTV) – One person is dead, and two others were seriously injured in Catawba County due to weather-related damage, according to multiple sources.
Officials advised multiple homes were damaged, and a fallen tree was reported along Evening Drive near Morning Drive.
Photos showed the extreme damage from the line of storms.
The North Carolina Department of Public Safety mobilized Task Force 3 out of Charlotte to Claremont. Task Force 3 can breach and break heavy concrete and wood frame structures.
Type III task forces can provide the following:
- Up to 40 personnel
- Two Type III task forces can combine to become a Type I task force
- Completely self-sufficient for 72 hours
- Designed to maintain 12-hour-a-day operations
- Can respond with smaller response packages based on incident requirements
- Capabilities include heavy concrete breaching and breaking, in addition to wood frame structural responses
Watch continuing coverage: